Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming with Main Office in Greeley, CO
We are a locally owned and operated managed IT services provider (MSP) and IT consulting firm. We focus our service and support around the small to medium sized business space and serve customers throughout Colorado and Wyoming. As a best-in-class and award-winning MSP, we are seeking highly skilled, motivated, service-minded individuals who want to work in a team-based and fast-paced environment. The essence of our business is to serve our client base to enable them to achieve their business goals and initiatives…so everything we do is aimed and making our client’s businesses better.
The Essence of the Role:
To implement new technology and services in alignment with our best practices and standards. The Professional Services Engineer is responsible for on-site and remote work as well as professional services projects for new and existing customers. These projects require deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting networking and systems devices for our clients.
Success in this role would be to successfully complete all assigned projects and service tickets on schedule, to the client’s satisfaction, and with proper internal and external communication.
- Configure, install, troubleshoot, and maintain routers, switches, workstations, printers, accessories and other peripherals
- Serve as a technical escalation point for the service team
- Develop and implement company and industry best practices and standards
- Install, configure, and maintain VMware, Cisco, and Microsoft premise and cloud-based environments
- Migration of physical servers to virtual servers.
- Implement projects for clients following defined scope of work and within the defined time and budget
- Develop project scopes as requested by the Business Consultant team
- Resolve escalated support tickets from the Remote Operations Center team
- Identify and minimize potential technical problems during and after project implementation that may cause additional support problems for the client
- Provide continual communication with client during project implementation
- Ensure client documentation is updated with change information following project implementation
- Experience with VMware, Cisco, and Microsoft premise and cloud-based environments
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to continue learning in an ever-changing environment
- Experience in self-managing projects or tasks with multiple steps
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure successful completion of projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and professionals
- Ability to use a CRM to properly enter all time and expenses associated with project or service ticket work
- Experience in being a technical escalation point for a service team
- Experience with Troubleshooting, problem management & resolution
- Excellent communicator both oral and written
- Manage customer expectations, project tasks, and scheduling of tasks
- Desire to constantly grow technical skillset
- Excellent follow-up and task management skills
- Valued Characteristics: Logical thinking and reasoning, attention to detail, creativity and innovation, team player, problem solving skills
Preferred Education, Training and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university or 5 years equivalent experience
- Technical Certifications:
- VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, SonicWALL
- Security/best practice training and certification
- Project Management experience
- Team Lead experience
- Technical Writing experience